Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tempest Under a Teapot

You might call it my 'Darth Water' mask. It's what Darth Vader's helmet would look like if he left it on the stove.

It's actually the bottom of what used to be D-L's electric teapot. Which I tried to use to heat up water for tea. Except I placed the teapot on the stove burner - instead of its own electric burner base.

About the time I went to pour the hot water into my teacup, I smelled something burning. And when I lifted the teapot off the burner, the plastic on the bottom started dripping toward the floor like tar returning to Labrea. Once on the floor, it quickly cooled itself into a very interesting new shape.

I wonder if I could frame it and sell it as abstract art? (Might earn enough to buy D-L a new teapot.)
Donna-Lane's version of the event is on her blog at: http://theexpatwriter.blogspot.fr/2013/08/art-is-in-eye-of-beholder.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment