Saturday, October 12, 2013

I Lost My Granddaughter

I lost my granddaughter. Or the equivalent thereof. Weight loss wise.

Over the past year or so, I've lost about 35 pounds, or about how much my 5-year-old Princess Georgia weighs.

No secret other than eating healthier. More fruits and vegetables. Fewer french fries. Less gravy. I still eat all the things I like ... plus a whole lot more variety that D-L has introduced me to.

But my clothes have been hanging on on me like an old horse blanket on a foal. And I've got sequential business conferences coming up, so time to get some new duds.

I hate trying on clothes. Ranks right up there with going to the dentist (nothing personal, Dr Jay).

Won't bore you with the process, but was surprised, most pleasantly, when the 38 waist slacks I tried on were still too big. And the size 36 fit well. (I had been a 40 for at least a few years). Shirt size shrunk from an 18 neck to a 17.

The old stuff is heading for Goodwill, along with any of my super-size still in the closet.

The new, trimmer clothes should also serve as incentive not to put weight back on. (With the exception of the pumpkin cheesecake at Saltgrass - it's only available for a short time each year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment