Sunday, January 12, 2014

D-L Tries Pot ... Again

After experiencing the results myself, I can certainly understand her euphoria.

I thought she was having a Meg Ryan moment when T walked into P&P's living/dining room a couple nights ago, carrying a package. D-L shrieked when she realized the package was for her. She jumped up, inspecting the package thoroughly, all the time gushing, "Thank you, thank you, thank you ..." The package was a gift from CP in the UK. I don't know if CP has been to Colorado recently.

For the first time in 24 years, Donna-Lane has a crock pot. Slow cooker to some.

Yesterday, she cooked her first meal using the pot - Moroccan turkey. I don't know if D-L has been to Morocco recently either. Or ever. (I'd like to go to Casablanca sometime, just to see Rick's Cafe. I'm guessing Bogey and Bergman won't be there.)

Here's the recipe -- http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-crock-pot-moroccan-chicken-chickpea-and-apricot-tagine-137530. Substitute turkey for chicken in the recipe 
and add two tablespoons of peanut butter.

No hashish.

She served it over couscous, which I have discovered I like as much as pasta or rice.

Topped it off with a bottle of award-winning chardonnay from Cap Wine International (http://www.capwineint.com/index_en.html), a vintner in Gascogny part-owned by Pascal Debon, with whom I worked at Nortel in Texas.

As you can read on D-L's blog, she has another 4,999 pot recipes available to delight our palate.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, Today I try to make fondue! I am so glad you have your Pot!

    ReplyDelete