Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sleeping with Cinderella and Spiderman

Last visit, I slept on a film set (http://lovinglifeineurope.blogspot.fr/2013/10/sleeping-on-film-set.html). It was my grandson’s former bedroom, but he’d moved upstairs with bunk beds so his bud’s could stay over.

Since then, that room has been converted into a film audition studio, complete with blue screen backdrop and umbrella spotlights. Sawyer is getting so many requests for auditions for films and other projects that my daughter, his “momager,” decided to also become his cameraman and director. Much more convenient than running around town to other studios. Georgia’s now starting to get requests as well.

Therefore, I am sleeping in Georgia’s former bedroom (she’s now upstairs as well).

I’m enveloped in a metal frame, draped in lace, that resembles Cinderella’s pumpkin coach. The bedsheet is a bright pink. And the top sheet has a Spiderman motif – it goes with the Spiderman pillowcase that I now use in Argeles-sur-mer. For 'company,' there are about 50 stuffed animals of various species, colours, and sizes.

So far, I haven’t awoken in the middle of the night and panicked at the sight of the cage-like structure … nor have I hit my head crawling out of bed while half-asleep.

One advantage - I'm in the middle of the house with plenty of walls and floors between the rest of the family ... so my snoring should be somewhat muffled.

1 comment: