Monday, April 21, 2014

The Shirt Off His Back

You've heard the expression of someone who is an unselfish friend, "He'd give you the shirt off his back."

I found him.

We stopped to talk with a neighbor, two doors up, the other day. He was wearing a sweatshirt with an Argeles-sur-mer logo. I had seen something similar on another man walking through the marche previously, and figured they must sell them to tourists in some of the shops.

As ASM is my adopted home, I was very interested in buying one to wear.

I asked the neighbor where he got the sweatshirt, and he replied he worked for the village.

Then he pulled it off over his head and gave it to me. "Here, you may have it."

I tried to protest but he was insistent, so now I have, literally, the sweatshirt off his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment