Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Noises in the Night

There are noises in the night that you'd rather not hear.

Last night, or maybe early this morning (I'm not really sure), I got the hiccups. Or maybe I was dreaming that I had the hiccups.
 
I thought surely I would wake Donna-Lane, but when I reached over to her side of the bed she was already gone. Which means one of two things: either I was snoring too loudly or she had gotten another early start to her day.

Hiccups and restful sleep don't go well together. So I tried one of the anti-hiccup techniques I had long ago learned: hold my breath as long as I can. (Probably not the smartest thing to do when you're more asleep than not.) Not sure how many times I held my breath but it finally worked. Hiccups gone.

Enter mosquito.

No comments:

Post a Comment