Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tightrope Backstory

Okay, here's the backstory behind D-L's blogpost: http://theexpatwriter.blogspot.ie/2015/01/reason-1985.html.

After I had rigged the red blanket into a slide for Scooby Two, Hunny Bunny, and Herr Hare (photo below), I wondered what I might ever do to top it. Since I had safety-pinned the blanket over the drapery bar, I thought what else I might "suspend" from on high, and immediately thought of a high-wire tightrope.

But such an involved scheme would require some time, so I had to wait for an opportunity when Donna-Lane would be out of the Warren for maybe an hour.

My chance came this morning when she went to the hairdresser.

I raced around the apartment, trying to locate the string, twine and duct tape I remembered having. I needed the tape for the second end of the twine because there was no bar on the side of the room opposite the draperies. I taped it to the closet door runner.

Once the twine tightrope was hung, I tried to balance SD2 on the single strand but he wouldn't stay in place. So I tied his paws as if he were hanging from the twine. Did the same for the rabbits except with white string to blend in with their fur. And of course Hunny Bunny had to be different and hang from one foot.

Finally, wanted to show Scoob's mother, Petite Cougar, trying to talk them down (or maybe she wanted to join in the fun for a change?), so I built her the highest possible platform with blankets and pillows.

What I go through to make D-L smile - which gives me great, great pleasure. Half the fun is the scheming, and half is her reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment