Thursday, June 11, 2015

A No-Soda Summer

I've long been something of a Coke-aholic. I especially like a really cold one, often more than one a day, though I've been easing back as I hear study after study that warns of the dangers of artificially sweetened drinks (whether saccharin or aspartame or ...) -- strokes, heart disease, other unhealthy behaviors.

I suspect the Coke Zero I consume has something to do with the weight I've put on as well. Which doesn't help my lung capacity, and I really want to make that climb up Mount Canigou.

So this summer, I'm going to take a serious shot at going soda-less. Plenty of cold water. An occasional glass of wine or beer. But no Coke.

Anyone starting a pool on how many days my experiment will last? 


1 comment:

  1. Ok! I will start this adventure too! I am giving up soda :)

    ReplyDelete